Monday, September 24, 2007

I don't know where to start

It's been awhile, huh? Life goes on, of course. Things change. Here's a stream of consciousness of lately:

  • I have been listening to music almost constantly for the past couple weeks. This is abnormal for me. I usually reserve music for cleaning, background when people are over, or the car. Lately, my iPod is shoved in my back pocket more often than not.
  • I LOVE the latest Nellie McKay album - 'Pretty Little Head'. Especially her song with Cyndi Lauper, 'Beecharmer'. I haven't been this obsessed with one particular album in such a long time. It's practically the only thing I've been listening to for the past 4 days, on a loop. If you don't know her, just go ahead and buy both albums. You won't regret it.
  • I also love getting to wear long sleeves occasionally lately. Nights have been so nice and cool, days manageably warm.
  • Today is JP and I's 7 year anniversary. I'm constantly amazed how much we can change and grow and still stay so close. Thinking about us in the past always makes me smile. It took a lot to get here. The trip was awesome, and the destination seems to be, too.
  • DVR is one of the best things to ever happen to a TV-obsessed girl. Only inferior to TV on DVD.
  • Heroes is just so freakin' amazing. How DO you stop an exploding man? (Oh, and no spoilers please. We have 6 episodes left in the first season. Let's talk about it next week. I'll be all caught up by then.)
  • In 19 days, I'll be 26. That seems old enough to get rid of my fear of procreating, but yet, it's still there.
  • Tim (Scott) and Alecia are in Barcelona right now, and it's breaking my heart. At least I'll get some Spanish Camel Lights out of the deal.
  • A clean kitchen is one of the most happy-making things for me.
  • Tim (Notari) and Jenn moved downstairs and across the hall. Tim works with me at interACT now. We spend evenings watching Heroes or playing Guitar Hero. If I don't see him for more than 12 hours, I miss him.
  • I have been reading 19th century poetry lately and loving it.
  • After driving the fucking awful Stratus for 5 (FIVE!) weeks, my car is back in my possession and it's perfect and gorgeous. Except that I lost a bumper sticker in the process. I think after all the toying with my heart the body shop did, they should pay me for emotional suffering AND the bumper sticker.
  • We are having what has been dubbed "Fun Friday" talks at work. This means in the afternoon, one of us gives a presentation (about 1/2 hour or so) of something that is completely unrelated to work. My turn is this Friday and I'm terrified. I volunteered to teach a lab full of techies to knit (with chopsticks, no less). What was I thinking?
  • I have, regretfully, been completely out of touch with current events lately. I need to start incorporating news into my daily life...maybe NPR podcasts while cooking or something? How do y'all do it?
  • Vets are expensive, but when my kitties have something wrong with them, I don't bat an eye at any price. I don't even complain about it. (They're both more or less fine, btw. Odessa has some weird bald patches on her that are currently being diagnosed and treated. They don't seem to bother her; I'm just paranoid about their health.)
  • Things are up in the air with some stuff at work and it's driving me nuts. I need some sort of resolution and soon. It's been over a month...
  • JP is sick and has been for about a week. I have managed to dodge this one, even though practically everyone else we know has gotten it. (knock on wood)
  • I have reverted to a former habit full force, and I've found I like the recession.
  • I have not been able to drink since Labor Day weekend. We went to Julie and Shawn's wedding and I overdid it - more so than ever before. My body has not forgiven me and is currently rejecting alcohol. I'm worried this is permanent. It's been 3 weeks now.
  • I am still obsessed with many things Harry Potter, and re-reading Deathly Hallows again.
  • Man, I love Diet Coke.
  • My favorite blogger is on vacation for a week, and it's actually making me quite sad that there are no posts this week.
  • I managed to find and buy three different pairs of jeans that fit me. It was amazing.
I think that's about it. Fairly banal, but life's like that, you know?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AAAAIIGGHH HEROES!!!! You've only got six eps left in Season 1? Man, I am almost jealous of you watching it for the first time. With all the awesome Bennett-ness that is coming! (I *heart* me some Bennett. He looks like the most badass 1960's-era NASA engineer ever; be still my beating heart, I do love the horn rims.)

Weirdly, "Beecharmer" is the song I am most likely to skip on PLH. I love "Pink Chandelier" with all my heart though.