On the subject of winter being over (even though it is currently snowing, lol), I decided to do a real spring cleaning this year. I spent 4 hours going through and reorganizing my sewing/craft/art corner (a very small section of the office). I spent another two reorganizing my desk. And today, I spent about an hour creating a spring cleaning list based on a link from one of my favorite blogs. See, I've never done a spring cleaning before. JP and I have always moved every year, so things that should be cleaned once a year get done when we move. Since we've been here for about 3 years now, I figured maybe I should do some things. I washed two of our windows, and I'm beginning to think that the kitchen being dim had nothing to do with the lightbulbs (YUCK!). I wiped off all the doorknobs and light switches. Then I washed the baseboards. Now I feel like this is starting to get into the territory of crazy anal retentiveness. Should I really pull the refrigerator out and clean behind it? Pull all of the dishes out of the cabinets and clean them out? How exactly do I clean the inside of the dishwasher (and I'm sorry - its job is to wash things. Is it really dirty inside there?)? Do I really need to wash every wall, top to bottom? Do I have to take down all my art to do that? How exactly do you wash a shower curtain liner?
I guess what I'm really asking of all you adults is - Do you do all this? Have I been failing these past years? Should I have children just so I can have a source of cheap labor for tasks such as these?
Monday, April 06, 2009
Spring Cleaning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
every now and again, i run the dishwasher on hot, empty save for the dish soap. i feel like that cleans it out. it's what i do to my washing machine when it gets skunky...
Post a Comment