I want to clear something up before you read this post. You might think we're weird, but JP and I take 90% of our showers together. Not in a sexual way! In a here's-an-extra-20-minutes-to-talk-in-the-morning way. This has been happening since the dawn of JP and Freya when JP would have to run into the boys showers at Lothrop, make sure no one was in there, and then quickly gesture for me to run in. The ONE time I showered by myself in Lothrop, the RA caught me. See? Always have a shower buddy.
Moving along...
It's really fucking hot. And humid. And miserable. I wish it would snow. No, seriously. I'm done with summer. No more temperatures higher than 80, ever again. Right now? 89 degrees, feels like 100. 65% humidity. Are you joking? That's not weather, that's torture. We have one A/C window unit that's in the dining room which helps keep most of the apartment tolerable, but the bedroom is terrible. I haven't been sleeping well (which I'm not sure has to do with the heat, but that's another story altogether) and so, late at night, we've been showering. Very cool showers in the dark, just hanging out. It's so bizarre, showering in the dark. Did I manage to get suds all over my shins? Is that shampoo or face wash? Oh, and save the shaving for the morning, unless you're willing to be strangely patched with hair and/or bleeding profusely on your sheets. The minor inconveniences aside, I've discovered that the dark shower is something that I absolutely adore. I heartily recommend it. And always have a shower buddy.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Dark showers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Being in a relationship where there is very little alone time I think this is a GREAT idea. I may just steal it and treat it as my own.
Post a Comment