Thursday, September 11, 2008

You don't have to listen to me anymore.

Well, at least about Wizard rock.
Two of my loves have come together: blogging and Wizard rock. Yesterday, I applied for and got a columnist/reporter position for the Wizard rock website, Wizrocklopedia. Hopefully, this will assuage my need to write about it here. I may post links to my entries there, but you don't have to follow them if you don't want to.

It's a volunteer position, but I do get some perks. Even without the perks, I would be happy to do it. I'm sure you've realized by now that this Harry Potter thing is not going to go away for me, and I love the idea of being more involved. Plus, having more people read things that I write? Very exciting. I can't tell you how pleased I am to have all of y'all as an audience, and every comment I get makes me happy. Knowing that I will be writing about something that the fandom community will care about is so gratifying.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Good luck with the new position. I just listened to some of those wrock bands, and some were honestly downright hideous. Hopefully you can just write about good ones :-)

freya said...

Who did you listen to? I'm curious now (mostly just hoping that it's not any of my favorites).

Jenn said...

Haha I think Huffle my Puffle, Lovegood Acappella (which I actually thought could be cool until I realized that it was one chick singing by herself) and some other random shit. I was mostly picking ones with funny names. Not ones you've mentioned in previous posts.