Friday, October 24, 2008

This backwards "B" really hurts

An amazing story came to my attention this morning. Here in Pittsburgh, a woman was mugged at an ATM (interestingly enough, the same ATM where a man was shot 2 years ago) and claimed that after the attacker saw a bumper sticker on her car for McCain/Palin, he carved a "B" on her cheek and told her she would be an Obama supporter.

The police became suspicious of her story for a number of reasons, most notably because THE "B" IS FUCKING BACKWARDS. Like, what might happen if you did it to yourself in a mirror?


It was also a very superficial, clean cut. If someone was holding me down and trying to carve my face, I believe a bit of resistance would mar their artwork. But hey, she could just have been scared, right? Or, as proclaimed by this gem of a blog, it isn't backwards, but upside down, because she was held by the attacker's knees around her head? Republicans lashed out, calling this a hate crime and stating it was proof of Obama's crazy supporters.
But, even Republican blogger Michelle Malkin cited her suspicions.

And sadly for the McCain/Palin ticket, she was neither scared nor held with her head between her attacker's knees. She just made the whole thing up.

I hope it scars.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have to say I was really mad about this story because it hit everywhere....anderson cooper made it the highlight of his show on Friday night. The girl gave Pittsburgh bad light on national tv and she's a republican from...you guessed it...Texas. She's just here for school!

Jenn said...

I think I just figured out my halloween costume...