Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ow.

So, I think that my nostril piercing is infected. At the moment, I am writing this with my head turned sideways because I have a cotton ball soaked in warm, salty water on it. It is throbbing, which it has been doing whenever it is touched for the past two days. I've had a fairly chronic sinus infection/allergies/whatever for almost two months now, so I'm wondering if all the nose blowing has finally aggravated it. I wash it daily, even when it feels fine. I have to admit that this piercing has given me far more trouble than my belly button, eyebrow, or tongue ring ever has, but I really love it! Anyone out there have some advice? Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to go to a doctor/piercer? Just wait it out? Help!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you're doing everything right. Plain antibacterial soap, warm salt water for infection. Not sure...maybe call the piercer and see if they have any advice?

The first year or two I had my nose piercing, it got infected on and off. At first it was because the stupid place that pierced it sold me this "cleanser" that irritated the hell out of it; I got this little red bump that popped up next to the hole, gross. As soon as I started using just regular antibacterial soap, it went away.

There was a time when I took the screw out to clean it, couldn't get it back in, freaked out, and then wore one of my huge fake diamond studs from stage performance days until I could get to a piercer. Hilarious.

Then there was that time it got pulled out by accident on new year's eve, I waited too long to find a replacement, and then I had to have it repierced... through scar tissue. That hurt a lot. I don't recommend doing that.

Jenn said...

We need an update! Has your nose fallen off? Did you make cake wrecks? The masses want to know!