Last year was the first year that I made a New Year's resolution that I completed. I don't think I read many books in 2007. I replaced them with teh interwebs. My resolution was to read 20 books that I had never read before. I actually read these 25, in this order:
- Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) by Jim Butcher
- Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim Butcher
- Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3) by Jim Butcher
- Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, Book 4) by Jim Butcher
- Death Masks (The Dresden Files, Book 5) by Jim Butcher
- Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, Book 6) by Jim Butcher
- Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, Book 7) by Jim Butcher
- Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8) by Jim Butcher
- White Night (The Dresden Files, Book 9) by Jim Butcher
- Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10) by Jim Butcher
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
- Paper Towns by John Green
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Christmas Countess by Adrienne Basso
- Blood and Chocolate by Anette Curtis Klause
- Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, Maureen Johnson
So, here are my resolutions for the year:
- I only saw 18 new movies last year. I own DVDs that I have never seen. So, this one is in 2 parts. I want to watch at least 30 movies that I have never seen before, and I want to watch every DVD that I own but have not seen. For the 30 movies, other than in my collection, I would like to finally see some "classics" that I have never seen, including, but not limited to (please don't mock me): The Godfather, Goonies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Royal Tennenbaums, Labyrinth, Old School, Anchorman, The Blues Brothers, Caddyshack, and almost any of the James Bonds (new or old).
- I want to read 25 books again.
- I want to post on my personal blog at least 104 times this year (twice a week, on average).
- I want to complete another photography project as amazing as the photobooth party.
- I want to finally watch all of The West Wing. I think I have only seen seasons 1-3 in their entirety, parts of season 4, and nothing much after that.

2 comments:
Happy New Year to you Freya!
Sounds like a heckuva list of accomplishments. Labyrinth was my favorite movie throughout all of my childhood, I've probably seen it easily 200 times.
My only resolutions are to learn to ride a motorcycle or scooter and seriously begin to learn Spanish.
That way I can eventually start my own communist rebellion!
Mark Twain said, "Quitting smoking is easy - I've done it a thousand times!" :)
Post a Comment