Ganked this from my friend, Ember.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I drove through Utah, Idaho, and Oregon.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My new year's resolution was to read 20 new books and I managed to read 25, plus reread Deathly Hallows and listen to an audiobook. Next year I'm shooting for 25, and I'm also going to try to blog at least 10 times/month.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Kelley and John had this cute lil' bundle. She's the only kid that I insist on holding every time I see her.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ach, I was stuck here! I am definitely leaving in 2009, though.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Sleep. I would like to cure my insomnia.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 22 and May 10. Jen&Doug's and Will&Shan's weddings.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into my interior design program, I suppose.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not cleaning my carpets.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I am almost constantly suffering illness or injury. Right now, I actually have a vicious cut on my thumb from the Brita pitcher. No lie.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
It was a gift, but I love love love my Flip camera.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I thought that McCain's concession of the presidency was quite humble and dignified. Good on him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anyone who is publicly hateful about same-sex marriage.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wizard rock and happy hour.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Wizard rock, LeakyCon, writing for the Wizrocklopedia, getting into LaRoche, Jen&Doug's and Will&Shan's weddings.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
Any Whomping Willows or JFF songs.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, definitely.
ii. thinner or fatter? I was at my lowest adult weight about a year ago, so at least I'm back to reasonable.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, I guess. We have less credit card debt, at least.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Watching movies
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Obsessing over Seth Rogen, daydreaming, sitting on my ass.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with the extended immediate family, Christmas morning at my parents' and Christmas dinner at the Fridy's.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I'm constantly falling in love with one thing or another. And also constantly in love with my kittens and JP.
23. How many one-night stands?
Being married has really hindered this.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't think I discovered anything new. Probably Top Chef and Project Runway - they're always good fun.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Sarah Palin, perhaps?
26. What was the best book you read?
Paper Towns by John Green
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Wizard rock, of course!
28. What did you want and get?
A much happier existence.
29. What did you want and not get?
Um, an HD TV, I guess. Not terribly disappointed, though.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Dark Knight, Sweeney Todd, Burn After Reading, and Enchanted were all awesome.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On the actual day, I went to happy hour at Joe Mama's and dinner at Fuel&Fuddle with bunches of friends. I turned 27.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If any of my far-away friends had moved here.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Cold weather: Jeans, long sleeve tee, boots. Warm weather: Jeans, tank top, flip flops.
34. What kept you sane?
JP and Tim, though they do also drive me crazy at times.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Seth Rogen.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything that involves limiting science, whether in school (evolution vs. creationism, abstinence-only sex ed) or research (stem cell research, medical professionals not having to provide services they don't agree with, medical marijuana).
37. Who did you miss?
Steph (especially when she was in Iraq), Tim Scott, Kathleen, Laura, Jen&Doug, Jess&Goat.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Rose, Caity, and the other PAW-ters and the Germans.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I can do absolutely anything that I decide to do.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This is never gonna end/It really can't end/Cuz we've made too damn many friends.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
A Year in Review
Labels:
blogging,
celebrities,
loved ones,
obsessions,
politics,
survey/quiz,
the ordinary,
Wizard rock,
Wizrocklopedia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment