Friday, October 23, 2009

Insight into Me

"You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights."
-Maya Angelou

A Rainy Day
I love rainy days, which is fortunate, because Western PA is full of 'em. Everyone talks about how rainy Seattle is. Pittsburgh gets 6 less days of precipitation, but more rain overall (meaning our rainy days have heavier rains). We get a few more sunny days than they do, but over 200 days of the year are overcast.
I lived for 9 months in Barcelona, where they get about 30 rainy days per year (all in February) (yes, I know February doesn't have 30 days. It's a joke.), and I found the constant sunshine to be oppressive and kinda awful.
I celebrate the rain. I jump in puddles and I walk slowly to my car and look up at it falling down on me. Same with snow. I can't wait for the first snow. Think: Lorelai Gilmore. I'm just as crazy about it as she is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuS5IrQPqFg

Lost Luggage
Yup, I would freak out. I usually travel with my favorite things, so I would be quite bummed to lose the best of my wardrobe. I would definitely yell on the phone to someone about it. Five minutes after that, I wouldn't be mad anymore.

Tangled Christmas Tree Lights
I can picture myself sitting on the floor in a mass of lights, both cats tromping all over them and me, laughing hysterically as I try to untangle them. JP would just stare at me like I was crazy, and even though I would be annoyed by the lights in general, the process and untangled lights at the end would be a generally enjoyable experience.

I hope you feel like you know me a bit better now.

No comments: