Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This is Halloween!

Yep, today is Halloween. I plan to spend the evening at Will&Shan's passing candy out to the hoodlums of Swissvale. Last year, we gave candy to teenagers that didn't even bother with costumes. It had been our intention to give them shit about it, but some of them were pretty scary looking, so we refrained.

Last Saturday was the annual costume bash. This year it was at Brian&LeeAnn's. It was an especially awesome year because Steph was there! Yes, after 5 months in Iraq, working 12 hour shifts 6 or 7 days a week, Stephanie has been rewarded with 18 days off. We're not going to get into how that doesn't even equal the weekends that she should've had or that she has no more leave for the next 6-10 months. We're just going to appreciate that, for now, she is a mere hour away in New Castle.

Check out the pictures here.

Some notable costume mentions/details/explanations:
JP and I - O-Ren Ishii and a member of the Crazy 88. I sprayed my hair black for the occasion. I had to shower before I slept so it didn't get all over the pillows. It took 3 shampoos to get it all out. Not fun at 4:30 in the morning.

LeeAnn - When she told me she was going to be a clown, I thought she was going to wear something incredibly unflattering and look ridiculous. Instead, she wore something ridiculous and it was incredibly flattering. No fair.

Zac - Zac was "white and nerdy". It was awesome. And hilarious. I made him call me at the party so that I could have his theme song playing (his ringtone on my phone is "White and Nerdy"). He did have a point, though - he really needed a Donny Osmond.

Will - Will's crow was amazing. I am head butting it in one of the pics.

and finally...

Tim Notari, as "The Son of Man". Outstanding. He won a much deserved "Most Creative" award.

No comments: