Ever since I realized I don't have the crazy Christmas spirit this year, I've had that awful "Where are you, Christmas?" song stuck in my head. It's the theme song from the terrible Jim Carrey version of the Grinch. After today, I don't feel any more kindly towards the world.
First of all, I managed to whack my ankle on the bathroom door rather hard. It hurt. Then, I spent the afternoon trying to navigate through the Market District Giant Eagle in Shadyside because I needed parchment paper and couldn't find it at mine. I have no idea where anything is there, and it was packed. They also didn't have shallots, which I needed. I wandered aimlessly through the aisles trying to find anything on my list. After I got home, I spent the next 9 hours (minus an hour, maybe) making 4 different kinds of Christmas cookies. On my feet the whole time. After that, I set everything up to wrap presents, of which I still had a huge pile to do. I started and got a couple of packages done before I realized I was OUT OF TAPE. It was 1:30. So I had to go to the Squirrel Hill Giant Eagle (open 24 hours!) to get tape. While wandering around there, I realized that my ankle really, really hurt. So I was actually just limping around. Now, it's 4:10 and I am giving up. I have 2 more packages to do for JP, but I'll do them tomorrow.
The good news is the apartment is amazingly clean. For the first time in months. Yay.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Where are you, Christmas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
my brother's girlfriend had to make 12,000 xmas cookies. no hyperpole. 12,000. I hope this puts your season in perspective.
Isn't she a baker??
Post a Comment