Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Google image search: "positive pregnancy test"

I'm sorry about my post yesterday. I did not believe that anyone would read it and believe it on April Fool's day. Thank you to all that called/messaged to wish me congratulations, that was quite thoughtful of you, and now I feel like a giant asshole. Please know that if I thought I would honestly fool anyone or hurt any feelings I would never have done this! I realize that not everyone who reads my blog is someone who I would personally call and tell this news to, but if I have your phone number or email, I would have sent a personal message. I would not announce my pregnancy in such a way, nor would I want anyone close to me to find out about it this way. I am so, so sorry for any misunderstandings and I never intended to create drama or strife.

Update: There were 16 of you in all that believed me, so don't feel too badly if you were tricked.

8 comments:

Katy said...

corey told me it was probably an april fool. he said, "they wouldn't have a baby now. jp wouldn't have time to hang out with it." i love his reasoning sometimes.

Tim said...

I don't think there's any reason to be upset or apologize. You didn't continue this lie for longer than a day. It's not like you spent 9 months pretending to be pregnant, had a baby shower, had everyone get you gifts, and then when month 10 rolled around say, haha got you suckers.

1) It's April Fool's Day.
2) It's a great way to trim the fat and weed out your dumbass friends gullible enough to believe this.
3) Great way to weed out your friends who don't appreciate a good prank/joke.
4) Great way to do a test run to see how people would react when you actually get pregnant.

Jenn said...

Damn, and I already started knitting booties (haha totally kidding). I agree with Tim. People can only be mad if you fake a baby shower to get presents. That's just rude :-)

freya said...

Katy - you have a smart man. Those moments of Corey revelations are great. Thank you so much for your sweet voicemail, I really am sorry. =)

Tim, Jenn - I have returned all the baby presents I received with apologies. Please tear up the invites to the birth that I sent out.

Anonymous said...

You got me for sure! THat was a good onE!'
kathleen

Unknown said...

Damn, I completely missed April Fool's Day excitement by being trapped in the airport yesterday.

For the record, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have believed you anyway --- simply because I can't believe your fantastic color sense would allow you to photograph your pregnancy test against a fabric that clashed with the pink lines so terribly.

and as far as people getting mad at you for something like this, well, joke 'em if they can't take a fuck. Or something.

Anonymous said...

Apparently men are not quite as easy too fool as us silly girls. Zack told me i was ridiculous, well I guess he gets to be right every now and then. I know we already talked but I'm sorry I got so upset :( How could I possibly think you wouldn't call me to tell me that?! I feel so stupid, and sheepish...I am a stupid sheep.

freya said...

It's ok to feel sheepish! I totally forgive you.
And yes, Zack does get to be right every once in awhile. Just like JP gets to be.

Sheep are cute.