I worry about a lot of things. It's very cliched, but as I'm trying to fall asleep, random what-ifs jump into my mind. What if the apartment burns down? What if I get fired? What if I don't wake up tomorrow? Very rational, I know. But I also have valid concerns. What if the hard drive on the Mac fries itself and we lose all our pictures and music?
It terrifies me. And no, we don't have a backup system, which is ridiculous and irresponsible, I know. So when I was gifted a Pro Flickr account, I started uploading like crazy. I'm having issues with 2006, so I haven't done that yet, and I haven't started 2008 yet. (Note to self: Upload 2008 immediately!)
For the past month, I've been awful at uploading. I've only grabbed a few select pictures off of my memory card. Tonight, I decided I was going to devote hours to it. Make all the photostrips. Edit all my photos. Upload more things. I plug the camera into the Mac and it pops up "2 items to upload: 1 picture, 1 video".
2!?!??
All I can guess is that somewhere along the line, someone (possibly me) accidentally hit 'delete all' instead of 'delete frame'. It wouldn't be that hard to do. So, this is my fear to a lesser degree. Not all my pictures are gone, but I have lost pictures of people that no longer live in this country. And every single shot from the photobooth party. That kinda really hurts. I'm so sorry to everyone who wanted to see those pictures. Believe me, I feel your pain.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
I drink your pictures. I drink them up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It doesn't lessen the suck for you, but it had been so long that I completely forgotten about them. Sorry for your loss.
It's funny you post this because i just went through my picture collection and converted all bmp imaged to jpg, made a folder convention, and setup backups to my external drive... yay! .. i actually feel bad that I only have one backup. Maybe i'll back up those pics to a separate physical disk on my computer.. nerd.
Would have been cool to see them but at the same time kinda glad..not one of my finest hours.
Nooooo! But don't frown, we'll survive -- and we promise to smile even nicer next time you take our photos, just to make up for the loss.
As for a backup for your Mac, do you have OSX 10.5? If so, just buy a USB harddrive bigger than your laptop drive, plug it in, and point "TimeMachine" to it. It'll automatically make backups for you.
I just flickr friended you. Yay!
Post a Comment