Thursday, October 12, 2006

the woes of desperately wanting friends...

yesterday, i realized how much i dislike not being friends with my officemate. it makes life hard at work if you don't have someone to talk to. i do have my boss, but she's not just sitting 3 feet away from me. i don't know if he doesn't like me or if he's just shy or just doesn't need any more friends. i don't know what else to do to make us friends! any conversation we have that involves more than 2 turns apiece is incredibly successful as far as i'm concerned.
my mother-in-law called me last night to tell me all about the yummy groceries she bought for us. i was actually driving home with a bucket of kfc and starving, so it was pure torture. by the way, we're usually popeye's people (the, like, 2x's a year we eat fast food fried chicken. one is usually moving day and the other is sometime during the rest of the year) but popeye's on penn has closed for remodeling! i was definitely upset.
other than that, yesterday was pretty low-key. i tried to watch jericho, but it's just not that good. disappointing. on lost, just about nothing happened of note. project runway was fun, laura accused jeffrey of having someone else sew his collection. jp thinks the accusation is bullshit and that laura is just trying to get attention, but i don't know. i really hate jeffrey, so i can't be objective. however, his kid and gf are adorable and he seems to be madly in love with his family, which is great.
jp went for his final allergy testing! he is extremely allergic to: shrimp, lobster, cockroaches, english plantain, and some other stuff (dust maybe?). he is also fairly allergic to dogs, which is pretty sad. i always saw us as having dogs and so did he. but we'll see....he doesn't usually seem to have a problem at will and shan's (with nick), so it just might be long-haired dogs, which include all of my favorite breeds.
anyone remember bronwyn? zac's friend? well, her and her long-haired daschaund made it into my dream last night. weird.

3 comments:

Katy said...

what about poodles? i hear people allergic to dogs can have poodles because they have hair and not fur?

Tim said...

is an english plantain like a regular plantain? Is he allergic to banana's too? And am I the only one who thought of JP eating cockroaches when you listed them right between the food allergies?

Anonymous said...

I hate Jeffrey. HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE. But I think accusations like that are hard to prove under the best of circumstances...and having said that, I have to admit I was surprised that after Jeffrey expressed such discomfort (during the Mom challenge) of making clothes for a plus-sized woman, his girlfriend seems to be a curvy woman who also eats food. So, to sum up: I hate Jeffrey, I'm not wild about his clothes, his attitude sucks, but I kind of like his girlfriend and kid and I don't think Laura can prove he cheated. Also I am sick of this season and I think this is the last time I let Project Runway take me for a ride. Sigh.