Wednesday, June 20, 2007

unidentifiable origins of sexual side effects

JP and I generally shower together. it takes less time than 2 separate showers and we get to talk for a little bit in the morning. it's nothing sexual, it's just showering, but you have to share the hot water (which does suck in the winter). this morning, I'm washing my hair, humming a little song, and JP goes "what's that?" I look in our fogless shaving mirror and I have 2 large, red hickeys on my neck.

they weren't there yesterday and neither of us have a memory of them happening last night.

here are my hypotheses:
1) JP has started sucking on my neck while both of us are sleeping
2) the cats have started sucking/biting on my neck while I'm sleeping
3) I have some sort of weird rash that looks like 2 distinct hickeys
4) some stranger sucked on my neck without my knowledge

I'm not that heavy of a sleeper. I would wake up if the sucking that caused these happened. and when I say large and red, I'm not exaggerating. it's supposed to be cooler today (only around 80), but I'm wearing a scarf. yes, it is a trendy little skinny thing, but it's still a scarf. these suckers will not be covered up by any makeup means!

seriously, wtf?
does anyone else have any theories? similar experiences?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Do they itch or feel warm to the touch? If so, could be spider bites. I had one on my torso a month ago that seemed like a hickey at first, then got kind of itchy and hot like a hive (but never really got inflamed like a hive.)

Sorry, not to fill you with dread that spiders are all up ons when you sleep. Bleah.

Wonder Woman said...

Ok, I like Jen's theory. When I was in Philly I had a spider bite problem and they did look like hickeys. Some of them were in very bad to scratch in public places..but that is another story. Or, it could be sleep sex/makeout. The roomies have a problem with that (I know too much info LOL) and there was actually an article about it in Newsweek or Time recently.

Katy said...

it was me. i did it.

Tim said...

VAMPIRES! DRACULA!
It's in the bus... IT IS THE BUS! THE BUS OF THE UNDEAD!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Life makes much more sense now. My brother was in Oakland and said that he saw you and that you were wearing a scarf! It was really bothering him apparently, I said it must be cold in your office. Little did I know, there was a whole story...