Friday, March 16, 2007

letter to my co-workers

dear communal microwave users,

today, I spent about 15 minutes trying to scrub out our microwave. I am by no means a neat freak, but the smell and crusted, spattered food was getting to me. I had to remove a paper towel from the glass plate by soaking it in water. I understand you may have thought you were being considerate by not spilling onto the plate, but you left it there collecting your overflow, which became glue-like when dried, and then was undoubtedly re-microwaved by the person who used it after you. if you are going to do that, at least have the courtesy to throw away the goddamn paper towel. or, better yet, save mother nature and WIPE UP YOUR GODDAMN MESS. what are you, 4? if you do indeed have someone who cleans up after you at home, please come see me. I would like to get the contact info for that person and yell at them about how they've made you a crappy co-worker because of it. if not, you have no excuse except that you figure someone else will do it. that's not an excuse, that's called being inconsiderate.

thanks for the lesson in congealed food removal!

~Freya

No comments: