Last night, JP and I went to some friends' place to watch the Oscars. They have a party every year, complete with a pool. I have never bet money on anything before, so I thought it was pretty exciting. We didn't win, but I was pleased that I did manage to pick half correctly. I picked correctly for:
- Art Direction - Sweeney Todd
- Costume Design - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
- Short Film, Animated - Peter and the Wolf
- Foreign Language - The Counterfeiters
- Original Screenplay - Juno
- Adapted Screenplay - No Country for Old Men
- Cinematography - There Will Be Blood
- Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem
- Leading Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis
- Director - Coen brothers for No Country for Old Men
- Best Picture - No Country for Old Men
The only one I was actually surprised that we lost at was Animated Feature. We both thought Persepolis was a shoo-in. Ratatouille took it.
The highlight of the show was when Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill came out to present Sound Editing and Sound Mixing. They looked exactly alike, and pretty adorable. I cheered very loudly and the entire room stopped to look at me.
I can see how this gambling thing is addicting! What else can we bet on while waiting for next year's Oscars?

1 comment:
The only thing golden compass should have one is most misleading book made movie award. I absolutely hated what they did to that movie. Ugh i hope it bombed enough not to make the rest suck as hard. At least i got to read the books because of it. Even if it had a unfulfilling end to me. (Don't hate Freya!) The idea of going to an Oscar party slightly mortifies me.
Post a Comment