Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do I want Seth Rogen to see me naked?

I just received an email from the local casting company responsible for 'Zack and Miri Make a Porno' asking if I would be interested in being a nude extra in the film. It's one day (this Thursday) and pays $250.
The funny thing is, I kind of considered it for a moment.

Pros:

  • Seth Rogen will most likely see me naked.
  • I get to say I was naked in a movie.
  • We could all go see the movie in the theatre and cheer when naked me came on.

Cons:
  • Seth Rogen will most likely see me naked.
  • I have to be naked in a movie. And naked for most of a day (12-14 hours, they said).
  • I'm not sure all my boys want to go a movie and see me naked. Or my brother. Or my parents. (Though I'm guessing they weren't going to see 'Zack and Miri' anyways.)
  • It will be cold to be naked.
  • I don't know how to style my, ahem, hair. Do you think they give you instructions?

This whole thing is just way too weird for me. Topless, I'd do in a heartbeat. This is just too much, I think. Even the draw of Seth Rogen and Kevin Smith isn't enough for me to do it.
Am I being a coward? Would any of you do this? I honestly want to know.

8 comments:

Tim said...

This could affect any future campaign for political office you or JP may choose to seek. I'm not sure if it would be positive or negative.

freya said...

It's not like I was in Playboy. Cinema (even Kevin Smith) is art! Somehow it's more acceptable, I think.

Anonymous said...

Would they audition you first? Or just take you as you are? What if you had a hideous birthmark they weren't aware of? I think the risk of rejection would keep me away (not that Freya doesn't look good naked, but you never know what their standards are)

freya said...

I really hope you're just assuming what I look like naked, because I have no recollection of any naked!Freya/Zac encounters. That could be bad.
And yes, I'm guessing I have to get naked for someone first and that's really what makes me hesitate. I have high self esteem, but while naked and being judged by strangers? Yikes!

Jenn said...

OMG DO IT! Sounds fun!

Katy said...

how did they know you were svelt and fitting to be nude on screen? are they inviting ALL body types to be nude extras or was this a fluke? would there be later whittling down of the extras, leading to hurt feelings and body image crises?

Tim said...

the title of the film has porno in it. you'll be naked. Any self respecting spinmeister would be able to turn that into campaign GOLD>

Wonder Woman said...

First I giggled out of control when I read this. Not because of you being naked, but just the whole idea of it all. I can be all like "Yeah, my friend Freya, she was in a movie. She was Naked Chick number 3!!"

On a serious note. You can at least figure out what kind of scene is it.

As for your hair stylings, Jenna Jamison has a hair trimming kit out on the market. You can make a heart shape. :p