It's almost that time. 'Pineapple Express' comes out in 12 days. *squeal!*
I feel like I am far too old to get this excited about:
1) A celebrity
2) Stoner movies
but I am anyways. Based on this review, I have a feeling I may like James Franco's character better than Seth Rogen's. He "immediately wins over the audience with his affable, perpetually stoned demeanor and often hilarious non sequiturs." There's nothing I like more than hilarious non sequiturs.
Though, I never understand why critics review movies like this as if they are expecting something more than stupid high people doing stupid high things. Justin Chang isn't entirely dismissive or critical of it, but he does seem disappointed. Since I'm not expecting it to be nominated for any Academy Awards, I think I'll like it just fine. Plus, it's theme song is the amazing 'Paper Planes' by MIA that I have the EP of. Yup, I bought 5 different versions of this song.
Here's the trailer, in case you haven't seen it yet:
(possibly NSFW...there is drug use and cursing)
Friday, July 25, 2008
Heat seeking missiles, bloodhounds, foxes, barracudas...
Labels:
celebrities,
life event,
obsessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment