Tonight, I managed to convince LeeAnn and two of the Germans (Marc and Fred) to come to the free outdoor Wizard rock show with me. They sat on the grass at Schenley Plaza while I stood at the back of a very excited group of kids, aged 10-15.
So, the headliners was The Remus Lupins. Head over to his MySpace and listen to 'Seven Potters'. It was my favorite song of the night. The entire experience was absolutely adorable. All these girls (and the two boys) jumping around and singing every word to the songs. It was infectiously awesome. And not unlike the Tom Petty show, except that we could legally drink.
After the show, I wandered over to talk to Alex Carpenter (possibly the only official member of the band?), and also met The Whomping Willows' Matt Maggiacomo. Since this was my first live Wizard rock experience, and the rest of it is from the one night I spent trolling on MySpace to listen to various bands, I had no squeeing fangirl in me. I went to the show because I am a part of the fandom and you do these things to support it. Of course, there hasn't been anything about the fandom that I've rejected yet, so I guess I am now Wizard rock's newest fan.
What do you say to someone you don't know about at all? Naturally, I asked the most controversial question I could think of - where did he stand on the whole JKR vs. RDR thing?
You know how you're not supposed to talk about politics or religion? Yeah, I'm terrible at that rule.
He told me what he thought and we had a good discussion about it. They are playing here again next Sunday, but I'll be out of town. Bummer! This was really tons of fun, as you can see from the 5 second video below:
And here's the artistic interpretation of the really blurry pic I took while jumping up and down (hey, it was also infectious):
Friday, July 25, 2008
Wizard Rock!
Labels:
celebrities,
harry potter,
obsessions,
Wizard rock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
" Of course, there hasn't been anything about the fandom that I've rejected yet, "
Say it ain't so? Have you final accepted Buckbeak/Hagrid?
Just because I like Wrock doesn't mean I like every song. Just like I don't like every fic.
I still say you and JP read it and let me know what you think.
How does one pronounce "Wrock"?
"Wrock" has a silent "w", however, I like to pronounce it "RAWK".
Post a Comment