This weekend, Kathleen came into town. I decided to take her on a tour of my life.
We went to go see 'The Other Boleyn Girl' because we both adored the book. I haven't seen such a bad movie in a long time. This wasn't bad like "they didn't follow the book" bad. It was bad like "this isn't even entertaining" bad. I'm not going to write a review or anything, but just to bring things into perspective - I inappropriately laughed after the rape scene. Loudly. I also laughed once the credits rolled, out of sheer relief that it was over.
Anyways...after the movie, Zack, Kathleen, her brother Jon, and I all went to PHI to meet up with people. I forgot that Kathleen doesn't drink as much as I do, and I had her do 3 shots with me in quick succession. I was fairly sober, and she didn't seem all that drunk (just extra bubbly and fun), but she ended up being taken home by Zack and Jon much earlier than I would've preferred. Sorry, hun...that was totally my fault.
So we continued our evening. I really need to stop drinking at PHI on the weekends. Our bartender, Binder, doesn't actually close the bar. There is no last call. If there is no last call, I don't know when to stop drinking. I also don't have any idea what time it is. So, at 4:30, we left to go to Ritter's for some breakfast. Zac, JP, Silent Bob, Rob, and I all wandered off to Zac's car.
Along the way, I managed to fall. Normally, when you stumble and fall, you fall forward or just sort of collapse straight down. I fell spectacularly backwards and I have no idea how. Ice, maybe? I also managed to pull JP down with me. When I got up, my elbow hurt. Turns out, I had scraped most of the skin off of it. I had also somehow managed to scratch JP's face - about 4 inches across his cheek.
It wasn't until the next day that I realized I had also severely bruised my thigh (nice bright purple about the size and shape of a cracked egg in a pan) and my poor arse. Do you understand how much impact is required to actually raise a bruise on the meaty part of your ass? Yeah, a lot. I also woke up yesterday (at 2, no less, since we had gone to bed at 6) sore as hell. My back hurts, my legs hurt, my ribs (?), my elbow, ass, and thigh still hurt. When did falling become so painful beyond the immediate impact? Is it possible that it's because I'm old? I feel like someone beat the shit out of me.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Hurt Unit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good to know the movie sucked. I was going to go, but now I'll wait for video/on demand, watch it at home, and save a few bucks Also, I will not feel like as big of an asshole if I laugh inappropriately at rape scenes.
As for falling, maybe it is something about Craig Street. I managed to bruise my ass in pretty much the same way you described by plopping myself way too hard onto the edge of a booth at Union Grill while out drinking a couple of years ago. Seriously, who bruises their ass by sitting on something too hard?!
And then you called me while i was dying in bed but i didn't hear it so when i got up i thought someone died because you called at 4:30 in the morning! lol... and then jp called too and left a wierd message like, "nope he's not there .. uh call us back". Good stuff. Sorry about the ass.
Post a Comment