Sunday, March 09, 2008

This is the end

So after about 40 days of filming, 'Zack and Miri Make a Porno' is finally done. Tonight, Seth Rogen, Kevin Smith, and Craig Robinson were all at the Improv and we went. Seating was first come, first serve and I desperately wanted to be close to the stage. JP, Tim, and Jenn all agreed to accompany me in line an hour before the show started.

If you don't live in Pittsburgh, you don't understand why that was the stupidest idea ever. If you don't live in a place where the wind chill easily gets to around 10, you definitely don't understand how stupid this was.

After an hour, I was almost crying with the pain of my toes. The rest of me was cold, for sure, but my toes were killing me. However, it did pay off. While in line, we spotted Jason Mewes and Elizabeth Banks - and we managed to get seats right against the stage. Kevin Smith was amusing. So was Seth Rogen. The rest of it was sometimes funny, never hysterical. Highlight of the evening was when Seth Rogen took the stage and was looking around as we all clapped. He made eye contact and gave me a grin and head nod in response to what I can only imagine was my foolish smile. Yay!

So, that's it for my ability to meet/hang out with Seth Rogen. I guess I have to shelve my dreams for now.

p.s. I know we call Silent Bob "Silent Bob" for a reason, but man, was I reminded of that when Kevin Smith took the stage. They even have a similar cadence when they speak. As we were leaving, Tim remarked that seeing him just made him want to hang out with our Silent Bob, who is far cooler. I had to agree. Who needs celebrities when you have friends? Now, I just need to find us a "Seth Rogen" to add to the group...

5 comments:

Jenn said...

This sounds so cool! I didn't even know it was happening!

freya said...

Yeah, it does sound cool. Unfortunately, the reality was much less so. I don't know what I was expecting, but this was disappointing.

Tim said...

I don't think were was one of us who went who didn't think it wasn't incredibly lame. Oh well. At least I didn't get beer spilled on me.

Anonymous said...

I'm still jealous. I wish I could have come with you, at least you had friends. I'm the loser who stood in line in the bitter cold for an hour and a half by herself to get tickets to the early release of Return of the King. As much as I enjoyed the movie, I bet being in a room with real celebrities (and no people dressed up like elves) was much cooler :)

Tim said...

It wasn't. I felt sad for the people who obviously had a good time because they were five feet away from kevin smith. I would have rather watched Return of the King with my friends than be subjected to the drunken onanistic ramblings of celebrities patting themselves on a back for a job well done.