A good friend of Tim's, Todd, moved into our building upstairs yesterday. We now have a representative on each floor, and I believe we are well on our way to total domination. If you are in need of an apartment, let me know. Having friends in the same building is like living in a dorm, but there's no RA and you can drink and smoke all you want. Not to mention have pets and kitchen appliances.
So, I don't know Todd at all, really. I've met the guy twice. Once was at this photography meet-up thing, where I asked him to wear my faerie wings and took this picture of him:
(see more on my Flickr)
Yesterday, I ran into him in the hallway and offered my moving services (hey, I can at least carry boxes/small furniture!). This was strange in and of itself because I can count on both my hands the number of times I have interacted with/seen any of my neighbors that weren't Tim. And then this morning, I decided to shower and have the luxury of clean towels (I am loath to tell you how long it has been since that happened). So I throw on this ridiculous hat I have to cover up my hair and my glasses and head downstairs. I open the fire door in our hallway and feel it hit someone. Shit! I just shoved a really heavy door into someone. So I'm apologizing profusely as I open it the rest of the way, and it's Todd. I feel stupid on many levels (most of which being the hat). We chat for a bit and I continue with my laundry.
I hope he will still be willing to be my friend after this. Maybe I'll make him some cookies.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Will you be my friend?
Labels:
I make an ass out of myself,
the ordinary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Shawn and I are so jealous of your guys' super happy neighbor utopia. If I didn't hate moving and like our place so much we'd be there in a second.
Soon we will rule Edgewood with an iron fist . . .
Post a Comment