
I have to admit that after the Gilmore Girls finale, I was pretty pleased. it was a fitting end to the show. the last screenshot was exactly what it should've been. and so I was a little bit sad, but it was going to be ok. I can revisit the 7 seasons whenever I want (well, once the 7th comes out on DVD). there's a lot of material there. enough to satisfy my want of Gilmore Girls.
but, bad news kids. they canceled Veronica.
after only 3 seasons. I own the first 2, and when I watch those, all I want is more! they're so good. you can feel the potential oozing out of each episode. but I guess the transition to college was too much for them. this last season was, to be honest, pretty disappointing. I liked Mac's larger role, and I thought Piz was adorable. but I was prepared to let Gilmore Girls go, and now I find myself having to prepare for next Tuesday to be our last new Veronica viewing experience. since it was just announced today that it was canceled, Rob Thomas obviously didn't plan this to be the series finale. I'm afraid that it will be disappointing rather than satisfying in the way GG was.
the woes of liking things with a cult, and not mainstream, following.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
eternal optimism = lots of disappointment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, usually every time I really love a show with all my heart, the bastards take it away from me before I'm done with it. At least Veronica and Gilmore Girls lasted longer than, say, Drive. (Or Firefly. Or The Tick. Or Freaks and Geeks. Or pretty much any other show that makes my heart sing with glee.)
With your newfound gaps in appointment TV, though, might I suggest you join me in an unhealthy obsession with Heroes? (Bonus - one of the main characters is played by Milo Vintimiglia, who played Jess on Gilmore Girls. I have never been a Gilmore Girls watcher, but I loooooove me some Milo.)
Post a Comment