wow, it's been a long time since I've been here. life is always crazy, but lately, even more so. JP and I have plans every weekend from now until July. if you want to hang out, call anyways. I always try to fit more in.
the past 2 times JP and I have gone away together, we've done it very nearly immediately after some big event, so that we have no time to get used to things before we leave. the worst case of this was the wedding. we left the day after for a foreign country in a time zone different enough that we were completely thrown out of whack (not wiggedy, just the regular kind.). this after 6 months of planning one night of our life, followed by sleeping in hotel, and frantically unwrapping piles of cards and presents before we left. it was surreal, to say the least.
and then we go and do it again! JP finishes law school finals and we leave the very next day to go to Boston to visit Jess. Will and Shan came, too. it was an awesome trip, filled with lots of wandering, good food, and tons of booze. very happy-making. we got home Saturday night, threw together a Mother's Day brunch for yesterday, and now it's Monday. and I'm confused.
when I go home tonight, I don't have to cook dinner alone. if JP disappears into the office to go do something, I can interrupt him guilt-free. I don't have to feel vicariously nervous about his exams. I'm not worried about when such-and-such paper is due. and I can't wait! we have a whole 3 months to hang out, clean, cook, watch tv, eat ice cream, and argue about whether to get a 3rd (4th?) cat.
but with happiness, so comes the sad.
tomorrow, Gilmore Girls is ending. not just for the season, but forever. I know it sounds crazy and pathetic, but I've seen it all up until this point. I know the show has changed. I hate how Lorelai has ended up so unsympathetic and how Rory is just really whiny now. but I liked spending Tuesday nights with them. and now I can't.
Monday, May 14, 2007
life changes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment