how much fun is it to just really lay into someone who is a total asshole, without actually having to see their face or listen to their response? I must say I have enjoyed it in the past.
last night, JP and I arrived home to find that someone had double parked the bug in. luckily, we are a 2 car household, so had there been some horrid emergency, we could've taken my so-very-close-to-out-of-gas-I-was-afraid-it-wouldn't-start-again car. HOWEVER, it's the principle of the thing. there is plenty of street parking available and it's free! there is no excuse for double parking someone else in.
I went outside to investigate, legal pad in one hand, pen in the other. yep, definitely no way we could've left our spot. are you joking? so I penned the following and left it on the windshield:
"Thank you for parking so that we have no way to get out. That was very considerate of you. I'm just glad there was no emergency and only a desire to leave in OUR CAR! Will you still be here in the morning, or should we make other arrangements to get to work?"
luckily, the car was gone this morning. or I would've happily called the police/apartment management to come tow it away without remorse. if we had actually wanted to leave last night (and I hadn't just lied about it on my note), I would've done it in a heartbeat.
jerk.
Monday, July 02, 2007
passive aggressive parking notes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm very sorry for your pain, but I must say that this is very funny. On Teusday Zack and I went to see Transformers (so super freaking awesome, by the way) but we got in a fight in the car on the way to the theater. So when we get there Zack zooms into a spot and jumps out of the car (cause he was pissy) and he parked like, totally sideways, making it hard for the car next to us if they wanted to leave, which I assume at some point they would. I even mentioned to him during the previews that he was a jackass and they had every right to just hit his car, and probably would. When the movie ended and we came out this note was left on his windshield: "thanks for parking so terible I had to get help to get my car out. its not that hard to park a truck!" I really wish I could have found them and apologized, but of course we couldn't. So hopefully what you will take from this is, some people are nice most of the time and not out to make your life harder, but manage to be jerks sometimes and piss you off anyways, but then they feel bad. :)
Post a Comment