Lately, I have found myself more-than-normally obsessed with certain celebrities. Some of them are fairly unconventional, which has led me to question why I find them attractive. Sure, Johnny Depp is hot, even if he is 40+. That's understandable. Gary Oldman? Ok, that's a little weird. Is it just because he's intrinsically linked with Dracula and Sirius Black in my mind (two very attractive fictional characters)? Maybe that makes it less weird. Add that to my Rufus Wainwright thing, thanks to this picture of Tim's (I know he's gay! Still slightly delicious, though.). But most recently, I've been really fascinated with Alan Rickman and Seth Rogen. Let's talk about Alan Rickman first.
He's OLD! 11 years older than my parents. That means he is in his sixties. SIXTIES. As in a sexagenarian. And kind of clean-cut. I don't think I find him attractive in real-life photos, but he always seems to play these sexy villains - Sheriff of Nottingham, Severus Snape, Hans Gruber. And his amazing dry wit (which may or may not exist in real life) delivered in that voice...totally, completely compelling.
So, Seth Rogen. Since I've watched all of the Judd Apatow movies I got for Christmas, I have seen a lot of him lately. I've decided I have a serious crush. Like, not in a "hey, you're cute" way, but in a "no, seriously, I think I could love you" way. Now, I'm not trying to say that I want to leave JP and go to L.A. and try to break up his relationship with what's-her-name and attempt to start something meaningful. I just feel like we would really get along, if the circumstances presented themselves. I feel like he acts a lot like me and my people (including JP). He's that nerdy-but-cool guy that no one seems to appreciate as much as I do.
Ok, in case you missed it in the crazy above...I DON'T KNOW SETH ROGEN. Haven't met a single one of the others, either. I've decided that I am attracted to not only their physical stature, but their person, based on them making a living pretending to be someone that they're not. Is that the definition of delusional or what?
Friday, January 04, 2008
Celebrity Crushes
Labels:
celebrities,
harry potter,
obsessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Freya I love you!!! This post cracked me up because I feel the same way.
You are not delusional at all. Because if you are, then I am too.
I have loved Seth since Freaks and Geeks and then Undeclared. Alan, since Die Hard...it is totally the voice. I can listen to that man say the alphabeth and probably get turned on. LOL.
plus, alan wasn't too much of a bad guy in love actually. you could just watch that a few times and feel ok.
You should go see Sweeney Todd, then, for Two, Two, TWO great tastes together!! (Rickman and Depp, rowr. Also, the movie is pretty good, eye candy aside.)
Kara - I love you! I'm so glad to have someone else be delusional with me. Though we may have to fight over Seth. Just saying.
Jen - this entire post was actually inspired by the fact that I was going to see Sweeney Todd that night. Which I totally loved.
I'm so upset! How is it possible that Sweeney Todd is playing no where in Harrisburg! NO WHERE!
It's Rickman's quiet strength. If you haven't seen Sense and Sensibility, I highly recommend it. He's still dark, quiet and mysterious, but a total knight in shining armor.
Post a Comment