I'd like to start this by saying, yes, I know how ridiculous this is all going to sound. I'm silly and giddy and maybe a little bit pathetic.
So, Kevin Smith is filming a movie, "Zack and Miri Make a Porno", here in Pittsburgh. Seth Rogen is one of the leads. Since I found out about this, I've been trying to find information about filming locations so that I can go see if I can maybe meet Seth Rogen.
Absolutely ridiculous, right? I swear, I have never really been starstruck like this before.
So I find out yesterday that they are shooting on Mt. Washington somewhere. Those were all the details I had. Armed with this knowledge (and JP and Tim), we set off around 2 to try and find them. We drove across the Liberty Bridge and saw a sign that said "ZAM" with an arrow. I follow the arrow. We drive aimlessly throughout Mt. Washington for about 15 minutes, randomly turning and turning around until JP spies another sign. Follow that arrow. One more sign and we find it - a closed elementary school with a parking lot full of trailers, a catering truck, and no parking signs everywhere. We find a place to park behind the school and walk a full circuit around. All we saw was some people smoking by the back door. After we were the whole way around, JP and Tim insisted they were going back to the car. I wanted to hang out by the back door, but after about a minute of that I felt incredibly lame and uncomfortable. So I get in the car, disappointed, but insist that we drive past the back door one last time. We're driving down the street and Tim goes, "That's him!"
And it was. He was walking up the sidewalk, towards the car. So I stop the car, roll down my window, and yell "HEY!" as loudly as possible. He stops, looks at me, and I move my sunglasses to the top of my head, take a deep breath, and blurt out "I just wanted to say I'm a big fan, I have been since Freaks and Geeks, and I really love your work." He very sincerely says, "Thanks, thank you. I appreciate that." To which I reply, "Enjoy your time here!" and roll up the window and drive off.
Ok, so it wasn't my dream encounter with him. However, since I never sincerely believed that I would talk to him, it's a pretty good substitute. I am a little bummed that I didn't get a picture, but what was I going to do? Jump out of my car? I'm guessing that would've freaked him out and even if it wouldn't have, I'm still kinda glad that I wasn't that crazy fangirl that did that.
The thing that makes me hyperventilate about the whole thing is that it was just so freakin' meant to be. The walk from that back door up the sidewalk to the trailers takes probably about 30 seconds. I managed to find him in those 30 seconds! The Gods have smiled upon me and allowed me to experience something that I'm guessing will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, no matter how hard I try.
JP and Tim were less impressed, but still good sports about the whole thing. And they even allowed me to park the car and take a picture with one of the ZAM signs since I didn't get a picture with Seth Rogen. Those are some good guys.(photograph by Tim Notari)
Oh, and just so you know - he's as adorable in person and his voice is exactly the same as it was in "Knocked Up" (except maybe a little deeper and sexier). He was wearing his glasses and his hair was not a super fro, but still all curly-like.
I am SUCH a dork.
Friday, January 25, 2008
A fangirl's dream come true.
Labels:
celebrities,
obsessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
you are adorable! and honestly when i met kevin smith last month i was super excited and hid it. i didn't say anything to him about how i was a fan because i felt embarassed to be so starstruck and i regret it - so live it up!
and next time you go to mt. washington... TAKE ME!
Dude, that's awesome. And as far as fangirldom goes, you sounded very poised. I am never able to talk to famous people on the rare occasions when I've spotted them, due to sheer nervous blaaaaagh. Consequently, *my* met-a-famous-guy stories consist of "That One Time at RISD When I Almost Elbowed Jane Fonda By Accident" and "John Cusack BUMPED INTO MY ASS On The Train!!!"
(I've been milking that last one for YEARS, though. I mean, John Cusack!!! HE TOUCHED MY BUTT!!)
Such a cute recap of a giggle-worthy event! The only story I have is that Marilyn Manson bought a $10 stuffed husky dog from me when I was working at an airport giftshop in Anchorage, Alaska....in 1997. You just never get over these things!
aww, thanks!
And at least you actually had an excuse to talk to Marilyn Manson! And to stare, without seeming like an utter fool. =)
Yay! I didn't even realize that Kevin Smith was filming here. If they shot a sketchy alley scene in the strip a couple of months ago, then I saw it... But who knows what movie that was for?
where's my photographer's credit.
Post a Comment