Remember when I raved about Ambien here? Yeah, I should've realized it was too good to be true.
After a few days of taking it, I started getting these strange headaches. It feels a little like someone is poking me through the temple with an ice pick. It gets worse when I turn my head. Nothing takes it away, but it's usually short lived. So I looked up side effects of Ambien, and headaches are, in fact, one.
This entire past week, I thought I was going crazy. I have woken up every morning feeling like the day before happened 3 weeks before. I could barely remember what had happened, no matter how significant. Back to my list of side effects. No lie, AMNESIA (sometimes significant) is a side effect. What kind of medicine causes amnesia?
The craziness has gotten worse in the past 4 days. I have been daydreaming almost constantly. I normally daydream a lot, but this is a bit much for even me. And daydreaming so intensely that when I snap out of it, I am immensely disappointed because I'm back to reality. What is happening to me? Based on the list of side effects - delusions. As in not knowing what is real and what isn't? At least for moments of the time? Yikes!
The worse part is, these side effects all happen during the day! I could see if I couldn't remember those weird 20 minutes after I take the pill, but give me a break! I'm kinda freaked out over here.
And I don't know if I can attribute this to the Ambien, but I have started liking a very strange song, 'Apologize' by Timbaland, and One Republic. Here's the youtube (I managed to find a Harry Potter fanvideo that's set to it, lol). That's a bad song, right?
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Side effects
Labels:
health and wellness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Interestingly enough, I was also given a "sleep aid" medication by my Doc. Mine was due to really irregular sleep and nightmares. The pills certainly sent me to sleep....but while I had grown to be able to "shake" myself awake during my bad dreams, the pills made this impossible. So, sure, I was getting sleep...but at what expense. The bottom line, in my opinion? Not worth it for me!
Post a Comment