Monday, January 28, 2008

Pathetic

So after my whole Seth Rogen adventure, I posted to an IMDB message board for 'Zack and Miri Make a Porno' that I had talked to him. I did this because the message board was full of people posting things like this. This is maybe the second message board I have ever posted to in my entire illustrious internet career. So here's what I said:
"I ended up driving past the Mt. Washington school where they're filming and saw Seth Rogen walking down the street. I rolled down the window to tell him I was a big fan and he very sincerely thanked me. Yay! Anyone know how long they were planning to film there or possible future locations?"
Ok, I admit - that's a little silly fangirlness. But is this reply necessary?:
"I have an idea, leave the dude alone and let them make the damn movie."

Ouch. Now I'm pissed.
1) I am not the rabid fangirl that this dude implies with this comment.
2) I completely resent the implication that somehow I have interfered/will interfere in his life/work enough that I deserve to be bitched out about it.
3) Why do I care what a random jackass on the IMDB message boards said?

Tim very happily ranted about how he's just a jealous fanboy. That makes me feel a bit better. But I'm still not sure. Are both of us pathetic? Just me? Just him?

I think I'm done with message boards. Who knew I would find a whole aspect of the internet that I hated?

4 comments:

june said...

the obnoxious thing about message boards is that they can get to you like that when some ass fuck talks to you in such a way.

if he were in ear shot at the bar he would just grumble to his friends and you were never notice his pathetic opinion - but instead he has the anonymity of the internet to be a prick - for no reason other than looking like an edgy fuck. what a coward.

in other words:

fuck him - you're adorable.

Unknown said...

heh .. i'm normally that guy on a message board .. the only time i ever go on them is to throw a comment in there like that for someone to totally over-analyze and get hot about because its ridiculous when you think about it.. getting mad at some random douche you don't know and for all you know is me just getting a rise being a total ass... i wouldn't worry about it.. the internet is a garbage heap. Take a roll in it just don't let anything stick.

Jenn said...

That asshole message board guy needs to do some yoga.

Anonymous said...

Be a duck...let it roll off your back. Happy Quacking! :)