Friday, January 18, 2008

No, really, a new beginning.

Ahhhhh. So this is how it feels to wake up normally? You feel like you have actually slept? You have energy that's not just a 15 minute spurt once a day? Seriously? I think I might want to do something today. Cleaning, cooking, hanging out not in my living room...the possibilities are endless. I was showered, dressed, and working by 9:30 today. Happily. Wow. No, really, this is wonderful.

Man, I am Ambien's new number one fan. Well, that or sleeping's.

The only bummer is that I'm supposed to keep a strict sleeping schedule for the next two weeks while I'm taking it. So hanging out past midnight is sort of out of the question. But if I have to not hang out late for the next two weekends, I can deal if this is my reward. Tomorrow, I will wake up before 11. What do you do that early on a Saturday? I guess I'll find out.

Oh, and the moments before you fall asleep on Ambien? Very amusing. Very drug-induced, in that fun sort of way. JP said I had quite the shit-eating grin. Hopefully it wasn't reminiscent of Britney's...

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay! I'm glad you got some sleep. As for what to do early on a Saturday, there are numerous things. Extracurricular activity with JP for one, and cooking a big breakfast (eggs, potatoes, sausage, etc.). Also, if you have some errands to run (like grocery shopping), most stores are much emptier earlier. You can be home and done by 11am, then have the whole day stretched ahead of you.

freya said...

Wait a minute - there are stores open on Saturday mornings? You can have sex before noon? and MAKE breakfast?
Oh, tomorrow should be a good, good day...

Anonymous said...

good luck freya, glad its working for you

Unknown said...

mmmm. Extracurricular activity followed by a big breakfast is my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning. It's just so decadent, you know?

I'm really glad this is working for you. Better Living Through Chemistry!