Dear Landlord,
When I called you today to ask a very simple question and mentioned having people in an apartment in our building, I did not appreciate the fact that you berated me and told me to make sure we did not "go too late" or "make too much noise". I have been your tenant for the past two years. In all of that time, how many noise complaints have you received about us? Not once have we ever had anyone complain. If I ever think we may be loud, I speak to my neighbors beforehand. However, having 10 people in an apartment (5 of which LIVE IN THE BUILDING) at 6pm on a Friday night does not seem unreasonable to me. I pay you plenty to have the opportunity to have friends at my home.
Now, let's talk about the past few weeks. I do understand that it was very exciting to the majority of people in Pittsburgh that the Penguins were in the playoffs and the Stanley Cup finals, even though I don't care. Does this give the college students downstairs the right to whoop and holler at 1 am (in the third overtime, I understand) on a Monday night? Did I complain about that? Did I complain that they had many people over three times a week (two of those times being weekdays) for the past 3-4 weeks? No, I sucked it up and grumbled because that's what you do when you live in a building with 11 other units in it.
I am not a college student. I am an adult, I pay my own rent, and I am a good tenant and neighbor. Your comment was out of line and completely ridiculous.
Sincerely,
Freya
Thursday, June 05, 2008
I am not a college student.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Also seriously, even though he may have not realized it at the time, you have directly led to them getting five new tenants within less than a year. Where's our scratch?
Where do you find time to post things like this? Aren't you getting ready for finals or a sorority function or something?
Post a Comment