Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Thwarted

Yesterday, I realized I didn't really like the helmet I bought for rollerblading, so I decided to see if I could find a better one. After calling several bike shops and REI, I wandered to Squirrel Hill after work and finally found one! It fits, I think it's kinda cute, and it's green(ish)! Plus there were three really friendly guys and the most adorable dog in the shop. Yay.

Then it started raining. And it hasn't stopped, and it's not supposed to until tomorrow sometime. Boo! I was all geared up to go out last night and then again today! Normally, everyone complains about the rain and I secretly cheer. I like rainy days. I don't mind using an umbrella and dodging puddles, and I even don't mind my jeans getting wet at the bottom and then wicking its way up to my knees. Will I now berate the Pittsburgh weather that I have come to love, just like the rest of the population here? What's next, watching hockey? I won't be sucked into your Pittsburgh ways! I have resisted for 16 years! You won't get me now!

1 comment:

Rich said...

that is exactly what Marieke said and then I heard her call one of the hockey officials a 'jagoff', as we were watching the game!! This town has a way of sucking you in... and then loving it... and eventually being proud of the fact that it has both sucked you in and caused you to love it...