Last night, we had plans with four of our friends to hang out and grill at my parents' house since they are on vacation. Unfortunately, Kelley and John ruined the plan by deciding to have a baby instead. I got a text at 11:25 am on Friday saying they were in the hospital. At 11:08 pm, Isabella Rose was born.
I was on the edge of my seat all day long. See, Kelley and John didn't find out if they were having a boy or a girl until the moment of truth. Everyone thought it would be a boy. As Tim said "John is the type of guy that just spews Y chromosomes.", but I held out hope.
Obviously, grilling last night was an abbreviated group, but I went to the hospital to visit and meet Isabella that afternoon. And she's perfect. 10 fingers, 10 toes. She even has Kelley's nose.
Here's their first family portrait:
I held her for about 15 minutes, and she just slept in my arms. I was hooked. The pediatrician came in to examine her and she cried the whole time (being flipped around and not snuggled will do that to you, I guess). As she cried, Kelley clutched at the sheets, John hovered over the doctor's shoulder, and I had to force myself not to start yelling and grab Isabella back from her. It was worse than when I take the cats to the vet. I can only imagine how Kell and John felt. She calmed down immediately once John (who is about 25 times her size) sat with her. He seemed in awe, just as I was.
I think this little girl might change my mind about kids after all. I already can't wait to see her smile, walk, and talk to me (and hopefully by then, I'll have remembered to stop swearing around her). I can't wait to buy her birthday presents and just-because presents. I hope she always calls me Freya, and not Mrs. Fridy.
A happy belated birthday to Isabella and good luck to Kelley and John as they take her home today.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Isabella Rose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
omg, what a sweet baby... I guess that's mostly redundant, at least in my mind, but it seems each new one I see is sweeter than the one before. *sigh* Soon... hopefully...
Post a Comment