so there's a big shakeup at work and a whole bunch of people have to move offices. including me.
while I am spontaneous to a certain degree, moving and having a brand new situation thrust upon me at work (where I am now finally comfortable after 6 months) is disconcerting. the office I'm moving into is somewhat nicer because I'll get to see a part of the sky. I think it will be less noisy because it's further away from the ceiling-less conference room, and thus, the dreaded conference calls. and my new officemate is Isaac, who I have thoroughly enjoyed talking to in the past.
however...
Anthony has a completely different schedule than I do and we are in the office together for a couple of hours a day at most. so it's almost like having an office to myself. he doesn't know when I come in, so if I decide to duck out 1/2 hour early for an appointment or something , he doesn't know. Isaac seems to work the 9-5, so he'll always know. I'm sure he won't care, but then I'll feel guilty and feel the need to explain about how I'm going to either come in early or leave late the next day and I'll sound all defensive. and, he's the IT guy. this means people coming in all day long with issues.
there's the physical part of moving too. big pain cleaning off my desk. I had to take a piece of paper and attach all of my reminder post-its to it, so I can hang up the post-its in the new office. I had to clean my keyboard (if you haven't done that in the last 6 months, do it! it was one of the grossest things ever, but I feel much less like I'm squashing my fingertips on muckety germiness, which is nice.). I have to take down my calendars and JP's schedule and Julius's picture and rehang them all. I have to unplug everything and then remember how to plug it in again.
and, I asked Isaac if it was ok if I took up about 1/16 of the shelves in the office and he seemed kinda put out. I don't think he's pleased about the switch. his old office is about 3x the size of our new one. is it possible he doesn't want to be my officemate? is that why he's displeased? do I really have to worry about this on top of all the other moving nonsense?
stupid work.
is law school done yet? I'd like to start my career...
Thursday, April 05, 2007
more about (different) moving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Freya! This is Bridget. I was stalking people through Facebook, haha.
I wanted to let you know that I saw Wicked in Tampa. I. Loved. It. WOW!
How are you these days?
hey Bridget!
so email me at freyafridy@gmail.com so I have your address! your profile is private here, so I hope you look at this again...
Post a Comment