I find the world of social networking sites to be infinitely fascinating. Aside from flooding the internet with pointless surveys about useless facts in my life that I don't think anyone reads, I spend a fair amount of time doing what I like to call "MySpace stalking". I find people I don't really know that I have some connection to (went to high school together, significant other of someone, etc.) and try to figure out what kind of people they are based on their pictures and profile. It's ridiculous, highly judgmental, and slightly pathetic on my part. I realize this and do it anyways.
But every once in awhile, it comes in handy. You find someone (or someone finds you) that you weren't expecting. Someone you hadn't thought about in years. Someone you never thought you would talk to again. And yet, it's a really good feeling that they are (even remotely) a part of your life again. This recently happened to me, and I have been amazed at how open and warm the reception has been - on both sides. I look forward to our messaging. I love that they do my surveys, too. And I appreciate getting to know someone who has changed and grown and yet still feels connected to me on some level.
Yes, Ash, this is about you. Sorry it's so cheesy. It's that "organizing thoughts" thing that has come back to bite me in the ass. =)
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Catching up
Labels:
philosophical ponderings,
the internets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i've been led back to you and i believe for good reason. cheesy? no. but if so, who cares what anyone else thinks anymore anyway? ;) i have a million responses to your post. it seems organizing this one proved to be very difficult. we never really found each other in high school, but it seems we have now. thank you. :)
Post a Comment