Saturday was Tim Scott's going away party. I labeled it as such, but I also intended for it to be about Alecia. We did a little bit of prep for the party - bought a cake, some flowers, JP made salsa, us girls made a giant poster filled with Tim pictures.
The best part of the party was the setting. We were trying to decide where the party should be while we were at happy hour one night, and our bartender told us there is a private room upstairs. So we went with that. The room was amazing. It was the 70s basement that my parents never had at our house. The entire room is wood paneled, with a circular booth in the corner. The booth is covered with floral vinyl that has puzzle-pieced texturizing placed over it. Absolutely, amazingly out of date. The room wasn't huge, but it held us well. We had to go down to the bar for drinks anyways, so all of us were never really in the room together.
I also bought a blank book and asked everyone to write a message to Tim and/or Alecia. Knowing myself, I wrote a real message earlier in the day and wrote a p.s. that warned against any/all future messages I may write in there. Of course, I did write a second message. I believe that I wrote I was seeing 2 of the page at that time. I also wrote that I hoped they could read it, followed a little later by "No, seriously, I hope you can read this."
Since we were the VIPs of the evening, Binder, the bartender, was awesome to us. Around 2:30 he came up and said as long as we kept the drinks up there and didn't come down in droves to order things, we could stay as long as we wanted. That turned out to be 4:30. Hopefully, we made it worth his while. I know I did. I definitely tipped him $4 for a $6 pitcher of beer at one point. JP said he spent about $20 total that night. I spent about $60. Ouch.
The evening ended with us saying goodbye to Tim and Alecia. I'm not good at goodbyes, and I do usually tear up a little. However, drunk + 4:30am + hormones equated to me hugging them while wiping away tears and then turning to JP and sobbing on his shoulder while he and Alecia held me. Ach. I haven't cried like that since...no clue. It's been a long, long while.
JP, Zac, Rob, Brandon, and I decided to meet up at EatnPark and wind down. Brandon made some hilarious comments about Zac's sandwich (mostly insisting that it was a hot sausage when it was, in fact, fish). I had to lead Brandon to the men's room while the busboy looked at me in sympathy. By the time we made it home, it was 6:30am. As I was crawling into bed, I looked at JP and remarked that I was really proud we could still hang out this late. It had probably been years. Thank Gods it was dreary and grey yesterday. I managed to sleep until noon.
Oh, what a night.
Pictures can be found here.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Party like a Rockstar
Labels:
I make an ass out of myself,
life event,
loved ones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment