The title is a quote from Douglas Adams. Right now, I'm having problems. And by right now, I mean at this moment. I assume that tomorrow or maybe even during happy hour tonight, I will have not necessarily forgotten, but will not think it's such a big deal. And if the fact that I overdrew my checking account so many times that overdraft had to kick in to pay the fees is not a big deal anymore, then all these other little things that are now bothering me will be ignored. Why is that? Why does negative thinking have such a powerful hold that it encompasses everything that might possibly be wrong? Yesterday, there were dirty dishes in the kitchen. I purposely didn't do them. Who cares? I can do them later. Well, now it obviously means that I'm worthless and lazy and can't even accomplish the most basic of household tasks. Oh, and I haven't been my most productive at work. Usually when that happens, I feel slightly guilty but realize that I am usually a good employee and have never missed a deadline. Today it means I should be fired. And I have a balance on some credit cards. Yesterday, this was a goal - to pay them off. Today, coupled with overdrawing my account, this means I am horrible with handling money. Those doctor's appointment and dentist appointment I've been meaning to make? Yep, sheer laziness. The bug being months overdue for its inspection? Irresponsible citizen!
I have a really fun playlist on my iPod. I tried to listen to it, but it was just pissing me off that it was so happy and bubbly. I'd just like to listen to the one I've labeled 'sad' and wallow. Is wallowing a healthy thing? Is it a step to recovery? Or should I just suck it up and try to deal with the happy and bubbly?
Friday, November 16, 2007
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Labels:
philosophical ponderings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment