Friday, November 16, 2007

La nieve

(me, during the first snow of the season.)

Lorelai
: (to herself) The world changes when it snows. It's quiet. Everything softens.

Lorelai: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow.
Rory: Ah, it's that time of year.
Lorelai: Can't you smell it?
Rory: You know, it's like dogs and high-pitched noises. I think it's something only you can smell.
(Rory sits down next to Lorelai and pulls a blanket over the both of them)
Lorelai: I love snow.
Rory: Really, I had no idea.
Lorelai: Everything's magical when it snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves, hats.
Rory: Thermal underwear, wool socks, ear flaps.

I'm so glad someone else feels the same way about snow as I do. A couple weeks ago, the sky spit some little flakes at us and I called it the first snow. But today, I can see the little white bits floating around. I love how it swirls. I love how it's cold outside and I'm either looking out through my window all nice and warm, or I'm bundled up in a scarf and coat and wearing a sweater. And you can just look up and see it falling.
Snow means the start of my favorite time of year. Thanksgiving, Christmas baking and shopping, Will's birthday, Christmas party with friends, family, a brand new year...it's all so much fun and so exciting and crazy. I can't wait.

Quotes are from "Love and War and Snow", Gilmore Girls season 1, episode 8.

No comments: