I'm tired of goodbyes. I'm tired of being so happy about how things are and then having them change in a heartbeat. The most important thing in my life is the people I care about. I want them to be in my life. I want them to be happy and successful and find someone that they adore that feels the same way about them. Sometimes these things are mutually exclusive. Sometimes they mean me thinking really selfish, shitty things.
Sometimes your friend wants to be successful and be able to go to school and so they join the army to do it. And then they get deployed to Iraq, come home for nothing more than a tease of a visit, and leave again. Which hurts so much more than if they had just stayed.
Sometimes people have a long distance relationship. People who you want to make things work, who are absolutely great for each other. And to be together, the best, happiest thing for them is to move thousands of miles away. On Monday.
Sometimes people come back into your life after a long absence, and you forget why they weren't there the whole time. And then they lose their shitty job, get one that seems entirely fulfilling and exciting. And travel 5 out of 7 days a week.
Change just hurts sometimes.
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Turn and face the strain
Labels:
life event
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment