Friday, February 09, 2007

big jerk


if you read my 'ideal-me' post, you'll know that I'm trying not to be so angered by little things. don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky person. I get angry swiftly and am over it almost immediately. however, people who are jerks inspire anger like no other.
yesterday, I drove to work. behind my office, there are exactly 2 parking spots available. it is fairly rare that I get one of these, so I usually park at a meter. this involves moving my car multiple times throughout the day.
since I work in oakland, parking is in high demand. i usually have to make a loop or two before I find a spot. yesterday was particularly awful.
after driving around for 15 minutes looking for a parking spot, I came across a place where someone was taking up 2 metered spots. you've read about my feelings on this before. so I was angered. as I drove past, I realized the person was still in their SUV. so I rolled down my window and asked him to pull up, since he was taking up 2 spots. he had about 5 feet between his car and the car in front of him. he told me he didn't think he was taking up 2 spots. i pointed out the fact that his car was parked directly between 2 meters. he looked and sighed and said that he would move.
HE PULLED UP ABOUT 1 FOOT.
I was livid.
if there had been eggs in my car, I would've thrown them at him. not his car, his person. he then proceeded to ignore me after that, and go back to reading some paperwork, still sitting in his shittily parked car.
it took me another 5-10 minutes to find parking after that. if it hadn't been below 20 degrees, I would have left him a nasty note. I could barely feel my hands, so I knew writing wasn't going to work. I was disappointed that I didn't get to do that, but I drew a picture to illustrate my anger.
grrrrrrrrr.

No comments: