on Valentine's Day, I decided to make chocolate chip cookies for me and JP (mostly for me). I decided to double the recipe (who does that?!? cookies for 2...recipe says it makes 50. I'll make 100!). anyways...I screwed up. looking at the recipe, I thought it called for 1/4 c. of butter, which is 1/2 stick. in fact, it was 1/4 lb of butter, which is a whole stick. not a big deal, unless you only have 1 stick of butter, which I did. of course, I had already mixed the sugar in, so there was no going back. I threw in the equivalent of shortening, and the cookies were fantastic. the best chocolate chip cookies ever made, possibly. they were gorgeous, tasted fantastic, and were crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle. I got raves. here's the recipe (adapted from fannie farmer. I suggest halving the recipe, unless you're feeding a crowd):
Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup dark brown sugar (I used light, but I bet dark is better)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment