there is no end to my hatred. every day, I find I have more and more reasons to hate them. I know I've mentioned it before, but here's the latest in my unhappiness.
JP needs to have a prescription refilled. it's for nasonex, which is an allergy nasal spray, like flonase. last time he got it filled at eckerd, he forgot to have them give him the generic. that sucks because our insurance only covers the generic. and no one at the pharmacy said anything like, gee, this is expensive. want the generic? but whatever. fine.
so yesterday, he calls giant eagle pharmacy and asks them to call eckerd and refill it for him. they take his name, birthday, and prescription name. he asks for a generic. they tell him there is no generic of nasonex (there is. I looked it up.). fine. we'll pay for the goddamn name brand. then they tell him it'll be "a couple hours". a couple hours to do what, exactly? first of all, it doesn't take that long to call eckerd. secondly, it's not even pills. you grab that shit off the shelf and put it in a bag. he had hung up the phone by the time I was ready to scream at whoever told him that. see, we were driving home at the time and the plan was for me to drop JP off and go to ge to shop and get his 'script. now it's a no-go. and if he can't get it tonight, I don't want to give them our business. so I tell him to call them back and say never mind. they go through the whole rigormoreall of asking for his name, birthday, etc. again and then try to convince him to still get it filled there! are you kidding??
ok, fine. drop off JP, go to ge. I'm trying to find those breathe right strips because I was thinking they'd help JP since he can't get his medicine. can't find them. ask at the pharmacy. the guy looks for them (not all that hard), can't find them. asks someone else at the pharmacy, who also, can't find them. they tell me sorry, and the one guy suggests they don't make them anymore. um, no. just saw a commercial the other day buddy. thanks.
so I wander down each individual aisle, staring. and I find them. yes, it took a little bit. but you know what? that was maybe the second time I've been in the health&beauty section of that giant eagle. why doesn't the guy who works there know? and why when he can't find it do we assume the product is no longer made?
I was so ticked! I wish it weren't so damn convenient to go there or I'd never give them my business. goddamn.
all right, I'm off to write an angry email to customer service.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
I hate giant eagle's pharmacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm confused... why did you call one pharmacy to get another pharmacy to fill the script?
there is no generic for nasonex.. are you thinking of flonase, that has a generic.
well, gee. when you call one pharmacy and they tell you there is, why shouldn't you believe them? since then I've been told that they were mistaken. awfully sorry that my research for my personal blog wasn't good enough for you.
who are you anyway?
just did a google search on giant eagle pharmacy in pittsburgh and came across your site. I was just trying to shed some light on the situation. Glad everything turned out ok...
Why dont you shop somewhere else you fucking bitch? Its not Nasonex you need, its a nice hard dick! Do you know that there is a war going on in Iraq? Why dont you complain about something useful in this life?
Hey jackass, sorry my personal blog isn't fucking relevant enough for you. But why don't you check out these more poignant entries:
Um...no.
If you have a problem.
Gas silliness.
Waiting on the world to change
There are more, but I'll stop there.
Post a Comment