Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I hate giant eagle's pharmacy much less

yesterday, I wrote an angry email to giant eagle that contained the contents of the entry below and a previous entry about hating giant eagle's pharmacy. this was sometime in the afternoon.
at 4:55pm, someone named Mike from the specific giant eagle I complained about called me. he talked to JP because I was driving and addressed every single point I made in the email, apologizing profusely and asking me to give him a call today to speak with him further.
so I called him. he again addressed everything that I had written, apologizing. he told me he was shocked that this was happening and that he had had no idea. he thanked me for writing the letter, for letting him know that there was a problem that he could address with his staff. he also told me he would show it to his supervisor and the entire pharmacy. I felt bad about that part. my point wasn't to get anyone in trouble, it was to tell them that I had been outraged on several occasions and to figure out why they were sucking!
then he tells me that he's putting a gift card in the mail for me since I had obviously taken time to write and send the letter, which he appreciated. wowza.
you know, customer service like this is what makes me WANT to give my business to them over someone else.
now I'm going to write a nice letter to Mike's supervisor telling them how pleased I am with how the situation was handled.

2 comments:

Tim said...

yeah but next time you go to the pharmacy they're gonna pee in your pills.

Anonymous said...

I have worked in many pharmacies for over 25 years and I have never, ever heard anyone mention something so vindictive. Unfortunately, by the time patients (aka customers) get to the pharmacy, they have been ill enough, in some cases, to contact a doctor, driven in bad traffic, in all sorts of weather, only to come to the pharmacy and find many other people who also had a similar experience. No one wants to wait. Our population is getting older and requires more time per person. As pharmacists, we all try our best to give the best service, but years of angry complaints do take a toll on some. In this case, the technician was not well informed. Unfortunately we also lack skilled help due to the low salaries paid to these workers. Lack to help and time in training, in addition to heavy workloads, leave new workers stranded. It is a population in transition. We all need to be more courteous, and remember that this is not reality TV where we can say and do what we want. But like life, when it happens and you have to take the good days with the days that could have been better. T.Polesky, RPh.