yesterday, I was reading my favorite pop culture blog and there was an entry that listed her top ten hated tv characters. while I agreed with many of them, I decided I should compile my own list. WARNING: if you haven't watched these shows, there are spoilers:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, seasons 1-5
24, no spoilers
Lost, season 1
Battlestar Galactica, seasons 1-2
Angel, seasons 1-4
the L word, no spoilers
Project Runway, season 3
10. Angel, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
while I love love love his character on his own show, Angel on 'Buffy' is a mopey downer. I never understood the appeal. I sorta liked him when he turned evil, but that was not the majority of his character. and in season 3? please! he needed to be sent the hell outta dodge. and so he was. good call Joss.
9. Chloe O'Brien, '24'
I'm sorry. I hate Chloe. my tolerance has gone up, but every time she opens her mouth, I cringe. she's just that annoying. maybe if she didn't make the face all the time it would be better. you know the one. it's when she purses her lips and looks all disapproving.
8. Riley Finn, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
while I appreciate the confirmation that the government does know about vamps and demons and the like, I thought the Initiative boys sucked hardcore. way too army, and at the same time, not that bad ass. if I had a giant stun gun, I could probably take out some "hostiles" too. and I don't even get super-drugged food. plus, finding out you're not as great as you thought you were and that those you admired are evil is something we've all gone through. I thought Riley took it way too poorly. and who goes to prostitute vampires? gimme a break.
7. Claire, 'Lost'
waaahh, I had a baby on a deserted island. waaahh, the only person that is nice to me and close to me used to do heroin. quit yer whining. everyone's stuck on a deserted island. everyone's got issues.
6. Helo, 'Battlestar Galactica'
he hasn't done anything of note except be upset that his cylon girlfriend in a different body loved someone else. and has his crazy half-breed kid that he's overly protective of. never mind that most of mankind has been destroyed. helo's heart is broken. what a soldier, huh?
5. Gavin Park, 'Angel'
I much prefer the evil Lindsay or Lilah to Gavin's sneaky bureaucratic nonsense. whoo! taxes are scary! much scarier than, you know, evil monsters. don't cancel my lease! we can't fight crime or evil without a lease!
4. Dawn Summers, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
by far, one of the most obnoxious fictional people ever. talk about jumping the shark. again, with the everyone has issues and deals just fine. why are you the whiny one? you kind of don't exist? well, is that really any harder than your sister who has been chosen in all the world to save it from evil? didn't think so.
3. Jeffrey Sebelia, 'Project Runway'
this one is the worst because he is REAL! if I ever encountered someone as shitty to me as he was to, well, everyone, I would banish them to outer space. no, really. I would hire people to make the technology to banish him. his kid is cute though.
2. Jenny Schecter, 'the L word'
the epitome of the stereotype about writers. Jenny is so self-absorbed that it's not believable. plus, the things she does to people are so sucky. I hardly think anyone would be able to stand her in real life. yet, she still has friends! why? she sucks so much!
and the number one most hated tv character of mine:
1. Conor, 'Angel'
there is not one redeemable thing about Conor. again with the whining. you grew up in a hell dimension? aww, poor kid. your dad used to be evil and isn't anymore? well, gee, none of us ever had parent issues. yet we managed not to trap them on the ocean floor or sleep with their girlfriends. you're a crappy, brooding person Conor. just do us a favor and shut the hell up.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
tv characters I hate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment