lately, I have found myself using some british spellings. I only know that they're not "correct" because of my gmail spellcheck (which, ironically enough, does not recognize the word 'gmail').
a-ha! you say. you just spelled it 'recognize'! that's not british!
well, my british spellings are very specific. first of all, I don't like the 's' instead of 'z' (and it's pronounced "zeeeeee" not "zed"). I am also against the extra 'u' in color and favor(ite) and the extra consonant + 'e' in shoppe. however, I am a big, BIG fan of the double 'l' in travelling and cancelling. I think it's just plain prettier that way. and dialogs? eww. the word 'logs' is just plain ugly in general. I know it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. I'll even admit it's better than bad, it's good, but I just don't like the way it looks (and to all of you that are confused by that last sentence, think back to your ren&stimpy days. if you're still confused, go here). so I say dialogues. so nice and fancy lookin.
Monday, February 12, 2007
british spellings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I prefer the old way of using x when spelling out the geminate velar stop plus palatal fricative. like Connexion or predixion.
wait. is dialog a word? i never spell it that way. i ALWAYS write dialogue. isn't that crazy??
I am incapable of using "gray". It just looks so cheap. I vastly prefer "grey". I also use dialogue all the time. I think "dialog" is a squalidly lazy American bastardized spelling.
Post a Comment