well, quitting smoking is starting to be much harder. on Friday, I smoked a cigarette. on Saturday, I smoked 4. I blame the booze and all my friends who smoke. =)
no, really, it's hard to drink and watch other people smoke. plus Saturday was the hardest day yet. I spent all day cleaning and I don't know how to take a quick break from cleaning if I don't have a cigarette. so I was miserable all day. then I show up at Brett and Andrea's and Cracker is there. with her. there's nothing more uncomfortable than avoiding someone who used to be one of your closest friends! JP had a conversation with him, but I'm not ready to. not unless it starts with "Freya, I'm sorry." especially since I (and others) consider myself blame-free in the entire incident. I won't pretend like he just didn't speak to me for a year or come to my wedding and that I can ask him how the kids are. gimme a break.
anyways...
Sunday I smoked one cigarette. yesterday, I hit 2 cigarettes. does that count as smoking a cigarette? I don't know.
success would be the cleanliness of the apartment (yay!) except for the dishes (booooo!). last night, I was feeling peckish, as often happens nowadays while watching tv and not smoking. I decided to throw together ghetto chicken noodle soup. I put some broth and water in a pot, waited for it to boil. threw in a couple handfuls of egg noodles and 3 celery stalks, chopped. in about 10 minutes, I had soup! it was a very satisfying snack, not terrible for me (kinda starchy, but it could've been worse), and now I had lunch for JP and I today. yay!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
successes and failures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hang out with me more!!!! I don't smoke, we'll just drink more to make up for it!!! yay!
here is how you take a break from cleaning without a cigarette: open the bag of chocolate chips and sprinkle them into your mouth one at a time while you stand amid your bleachy-smelling room just staring at the wonderful clean space. always have chocolate chips at your house! always!
Post a Comment