after reading a neat new blog that I found and binge eating yesterday, I (once again) found myself thinking about the 'ideal' me. by ideal, I mean the nonexistent-who-does-everything-that-I've-ever-wanted-to-do-with-my-life-in-general me. here's the list:
the ideal me:
*wakes up with enough time to make coffee and lunches, shower, blowdry their hair, pet the cats, and check the weather and news. and gets to work by 8:30. by taking the bus, not driving.
*spends a little time each day picking up so that the apartment is always in good shape.
*cleans the litterbox every other day.
*does the dishes every day.
*cooks enough healthy meals for the week, making frozen pizza obsolete.
*plans cooking these healthy meals so that only 1 trip to the grocery store is necessary.
*stops smoking cigarettes. and never starts again.
*flosses every day.
*vacuums the furniture weekly.
*sweeps and mops the kitchen (even under the fridge!) twice a week.
*remembers to wipe down the cabinets, dishwasher, and refrigerator every once in awhile.
*cleans the oven at a time other than the day before she moves out of an apartment.
*exercises at least a little every day.
*plays with each of the cats for at least 20 minutes every day.
*meditates every day.
*takes a multi-vitamin, calcium, vitamin b, and vitamin e.
*goes to sleep early.
*makes sure that JP is well-fed, warm, and gets enough sleep. and enough kisses.
*spends more time outdoors.
*regularly weeds out clothing and shoes that are no longer needed and remembers to donate it, not just stick it in a box in storage.
*eats packed lunch, thereby both saving money and eating healthier.
*takes up new craft-y hobbies, like sewing or scrapbooking.
*reads a book a week.
*reads meaningful magazines (the Atlantic, Scientific American, the Economist, Foreign Affairs)
*listens to NPR daily
*bothers to wear makeup and not jeans once in awhile. like, maybe, once a week?
*watches movies that are meaningful and well done. also catches up on classics she may have missed.
*listens to music more often.
*actively hunts for new music.
the ideal me does not:
*watch hours of television a day because she has no desire to move.
*write blog entries at work.
*spend money on things she doesn't need and then wonder how she will justify it, both to herself and JP.
*binge drink to the point of: embarrassing slurring, burning other people's carpets, systematically calling everyone in her phone, or needing a day of recovery.
*binge eat. a serving of ice cream is not 1 pint. it's not even 1/2 pint. and a cookie serving is usually 2. not 1 row.
*become unnecessarily angry at other drivers. unless they're incredibly stupid. and then she's angry, but it's fleeting.
*nap. because she goes to bed early enough to get lots of sleep!
*snap at people when she's cranky. she realizes it's not her brother's fault that she has PMS, and accordingly, doesn't deserve to be yelled at.
*buy decorations for a room, decide she doesn't like them, and redesigns the room with all new supplies, never using the old decorations.
I'm not sure that I'm giving myself enough credit. I do (and don't do) many of my ideal me things. I just don't happen to do (or not do) them as often (not often) as I'd like, or as well as I'd like.
Besides, I'm not sure I want to be my ideal me. She's kinda a goody-goody.
Monday, February 05, 2007
don't drink, don't smoke - what do you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i didn't know you could mop under the fridge. how is this possible? i can barely swing the mop hairs under the radiator. (i've given up trying, in fact)
Post a Comment