at the beep, it will be 4:12 pm.
BEEP.
this means that in the past 94 hours (almost to the minute!), I have smoked exactly 1 cigarette.
I used to smoke 1 cigarette before I got to work! Most times 2!
I have gone through countless nicotine lozenges, eaten piles of grapes, wasabi peas, and chocolate chip cookies, and frequently thought to myself, I would like to have a cigarette right now. But I've only had 1.
I just keep thinking how exciting it will be when I literally can't remember my last cigarette (although, if it ends up being last night, it's preserved here on the internet forever, so I will. but you know what I mean.). the word 'non-smoker' will soon be part of my identity.
and you know what?
it's not that hard.
I thought there would be crying, feelings of being tortured by Jack Bauer, and bitchiness. there hasn't been. lingering cravings, yes. more than I can handle? absolutely not. it's like a wrestling match against myself now. who will win? non-smoker freya or smoker freya??
I'm betting on the former.
Friday, February 16, 2007
thank you for not smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ooh! i'm so proud of you! let me know if you need me to walk over and bring you gum.
Post a Comment